FTS Training Theology
At Free to Serve we strive to train our indigenous missionaries:
- To be CHRIST-CENTERED and to operate BIBLE-CENTERED
- To share the LOVE OF THE FATHER HEART OF GOD
- To operate under the SENIOR PARTNERSHIP OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
- To focus on the whole ECOSYSTEM in order to operate in a HOLISTIC MANNER
- To FOCUS on the PERSON & NOT ON THE PRODUCT
- To built life sharing and hope creating RELATIONSHIPS
- To become LEARNERS prior to becoming TEACHERS
- To LISTEN to people and OBSERVE their real needs
- To IDENTIFY with the people in the mission field
- To be CARING, SUPPORTIVE, SENSITIVE and RESPONSIVE to human needs
- To live in SIMPLICITY and UNSELFISHNESS
- To be FREE TO SERVE the people through SERVICE EVANGELISM
- To GROW SPIRITUAL MATURE DISCIPLES OF JESUS
- To GROW in LEADERSHIP through SERVICE-DEVELOPMENT
- To serve in joint INTEGRATED LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT operations between FREE TO SERVE, the SENDING CHURCHES and the INDIGENOUS MISSION CHURCHES
- To DISCOVER GOD’S KEY to the specific CULTURE GROUPS & UTILIZE it through Service Evangelism under the senior partnership of the Holy Spirit.
- To CONTEXTUALIZE the TEXT of the BIBLE into the CONTEXT of the specific culture group.
- To imbed our TRAINING PROCESS in the intimacy and dynamics of the SMALL GROUP relationships.
- To invest in a SOCIETY-INTEGRATED TRAINING MODEL rather than an EXTRACTION-TRAINING MODEL.
- To TRAIN PRAYERFULLY
- To build a strong sense of responsible & accountable TEAM WORK
- In order to become more EFFECTIVE AMBASSADORS FOR JESUS CHRIST
“AD MAIOREM GLORIAM DEI”
(To even greater glory to God)
Copyright with FREE TO SERVE – 1995 – Dr Johann Snyman